Fireflies have not been added to Minecraft 1.19 and it's really sad! With this Ambient Fireflies addon, you can add these creatures to your game world.
These Fireflies are just ambient mobs, meaning they don't do anything. They will only spawn when it's night in any biome and will dissapear when it's morning.
- Creator: Amon28
- There are versions of the addon:
- Ambient (V2) Only Doesn't Require Experimental Settings
- With Jars (V2.2) Require Experimental Settings
After activating Firefly Ambient resource pack, you will be able to change the type of fireflies:
- Dewdimpple's Firefly (by Amon28)
- Minecraft Live Firefly (Firefly from Minecraft Live 2021)
You can catch a firefly in a jar. To do this, craft a jar from planks and three glass blocks on the workbench.
Go near fireflies with the empty jar in hand and a black circle will appear, now interact with the firefly with the jar to capture it.
Now just place the jar with fireflies anywhere to light places up.