Poggy's Better on Bedrock v1.0.2 || Vanilla Themed Add-On
Better on Bedrock is a Minecraft Bedrock Add-On that aims to improve the overall gameplay of the base vanilla game. It aims to improve a lot of aspects by improving and adding new bosses, blocks, items, mobs, structures, biomes and systems.
Before we get into the beef, Better on Bedrock has its own soundtrack composed by J. Rivers. These tracks are 'Dawn Prelude', 'Cozy Palms' and' 'Travels'!
With Better on Bedrock you'll find numerous improvements to vanilla biomes. Some of these biomes will have their own exclusive structures, mobs and ores.
- DM me on discord for questions and/or permissions
- DM me on discord if you want to showcase this Add-On
- Use this MCPEDL link when showcasing this Add-On
- Backup your world when playing this Add-On
- Updates may only work on new worlds.
- This Add-On will work with other Add-Ons.
- Report Bugs and/or issues on my Discord Server
- For multiplayer beta tests, join my server
Requires all experimental features toggles:
Items and blocks inside of Better on Bedrock will have their own unique features to keep them fresh.
Let’s start with items:
BBackpacks have returned once again in perfect working order, but they work differently now. Using the medium Backpack right off the bat won't do anything, you need to first use a leather backpack to be able to upgrade to a medium one, but that's simple, just hold the medium backpack item!
Stardust is the next best armor in the game! Believe me, it's totally worth it!
Obtainable via Forge Table when you upgrade your netherite armor to stardust.
Copper Armor is stronger than Leather Armor, but weaker than Iron Armor.
Copper Armor is used for early combat when you go caving and a lot of mobs attack you.
Need some quick resources? Get some Lootbags
Lootbags are found within Trader Outpost chests. To use a Lootbag, right click (hold for mobile, LT/L2 for controller) to use the Lootbag.
Once you use a Lootbag you'll get some sweat resources.
New to this amaizing world? Use quests for early loot!
The Quest System is a unique system within Better on Bedrock. The Quest System gives players some Quests to complete upon a new world. Players will be given a Closed Quest Scroll upon loading a new world.When they interact (hold for mobile, LT/L2 for controller) it will open up the scroll which players can interact again (hold for mobile, LT/L2 for controller) to open the Quest UI.
The Quest UI will show you 3 Tiers: New Start, Better on Bedrock and Beyond the Overworld.
Each Quest has specific goals for the player to complete. When you Complete a Quests you have to claim your rewards manually.
Bounty System can only be accessed by a Bounty Board
The Bounty System allows players to hunt down a specific number of mobs for rewards and maybe even to progress their playthrough. It has the same use and UI as the Quest System.
Overworld Waystone Key
The Overworld Waystone Key is used to save your Waystones and teleport to your Waystones.
When you click on a waystone (tap for mobile, LT/L2 for controller) you'll be prompted with a UI to enter the Waystone Name. You can only add up to 10 per dimension.
When you break a saved waystone you need to save it again when the block was placed. When you want to teleport to a saved waystone, right-click (tap for mobile, LT/L2 for controller) to access all saved Waystones. Click on a saved Waystone to teleport, which costs 3xp levels.
Once teleported, the Waystone Key will be on a 60-sec cooldown.
Same goes for the Nether Waystone Key
The Enderman Tear is obtainable by killing an Enderman. The Enderman Tear is used to craft an Overworld Waystone Key.
There are 6 new runes that allows you to get magical staffs!
New ores have found their way into Better on Bedrock! Stardust is super rare where tin and alluminum are common, and they have their uses, don't worry :)
Waystones are kinda self explanatory. It lets you travel your world with ease. To save a waystone without a key, simply crouch and interact (With or Without a key)! To Teleport between waystones, interact on the block (With or Without a key)! Isn't that a QoL change?
Tons of new stone variants have made it to help you decorate, and don't forget those small logs and hanging pots!
- Miner's Bench allows you to use vein miner and tree capitator with updated UIs
- The forger allows you to upgrade your Netherite Armor to stardust (It's the one next to the miner's bench)
Found all over the overworld. Home of the Wandering Trader.
Found all over the Overworld. Test your combat skills with floors becoming more difficult, great rewards at the end.
Home of the Overworld Waystone. Climb to the top to obtain a Waystone and some loot!
Starter home to the lost traveler.
Home base of the lost traveler.
The Lich rests here.
"He used to rest here."
"Where his music echoes the overworld."
Vindicator's Hideout 1
Vindicator Hideout 2
This little guy has almost anything you need. You can find the cute guy anywhere in the world, but not often, as he is on his own adventure gathering resources to sell you.
- Health: 20
Find a Goblin Trader to get useful items!
A new boss made its way in Better on Bedrock. The Willager is part of the Illager Family, and he won’t be easy to get by.
To find him, you need to do a little adventuring. He is located at the top of a Battle Tower that is different from the others. Make sure you’re prepared because the fight won’t be easy!
- Hostile / Boss
- Health: 50
- 50 Health
- Damage: 4
- Armor Requirements:
- Minimum full Protection 4 Iron Armor
- Recommended full Protection 2 Diamond Armor
- Drops: Willager Hat, Loot Crate
A new enchantment has seen its debut in Better on Bedrock. Vein Miner can be obtained by trading with a Goblin Trader or at the top of Battle Towers.
Vein Miner includes Unbreaking 1 by default. Each ore that the Vein Miner breaks will remove 1 durability from your pickaxe. (Since you have Unbreaking it will be random).
Another enchantment made its way to Better on Bedrock.
Similar to Vein Miner, Tree Capitator will chop down trees within an instant! Your axe will take 1 durability damage per log that has been broken.
Upon loading up a new world you’ll be prompted with a brand new config UI.
This UI enables you to choose your difficulty and some toggle some features. Default gamemode is normal so you don't accidentally choose hardcore mode!
3 Toggles for you choose what you want:
Corpse on Death
Overworld Waystone Key
Nether Waystone Key
Fixed Ghost Necklace
Spears (Comes in all ores)
Hanging Flower Pot (8 More)
Soul Fused Armor + Ingot
Enchanted Golden Carrot
Sweet Berry Pie + Slice
Small logs (All wood variants)
Waystone + Neter Waystone
Updated on March 20
---Better on Bedrock: Over the Overworld Changelog---
- Added New Music And Sounds
- Added new Splash Texts and Info when loading a new world
- Updated the Logo of Better on Bedrock
- Added the Nether Waystone
- Added the Nether Waystone Key
- Added a Ghost Necklace
- Added an Adventurer Hat
- Added 6 Rune Stones
- Rune of the Hearts
- Rune of the Seas
- Rune of the Flames
- Rune of the Lich
- Rune of Protection
- Rune of Basic Magic
- Added 6 Magic Wands
- Wand of the Hearts
- Wand of the Seas
- Wand of the Flames
- Wand of the Lich
- Wand of the Protection
- Wand of Basic Magic
- Added Spears for all material types
- Added A New Music Disc
- Added Deer Meat
- Added Fishing Hook
- Added Tin Ore
- Added Stardust Ore
- Added Stardust Tools & Armor
- Added Set Bonuses to selected armor
- Added Aluminum Ore
- Added Soul Fused Aluminum
- Added Soul Fused Aluminum Armor
- Added Copper Sword
- Added 8 Hanging Flower Pots
- Added Tomatoes
- Added Peaches
- Added Peach Trees
- Added Oranges
- Added Oranges Trees
- Added Onions
- Added Eggplants
- Added Healthy Carrot
- Added Coconuts
- Added Coconut Palm Trees
- Added Sweet Berry Pie
- Added Barley and Barley Stew
- Added Baguette
- Added 10 Flowers
- Added A New Biome: Meadow v2
- Added Soul Fragments
- Added 3 Eyes
- Willager Eye
- Lich Eye
- Enchanter Eye
- Added Stone Variants, slabs and stairs to:
- Added A New Trophy: Enchanted Book Trophy
- Added Tons Of New Quests
- Added Small Log Variants
- Added 8 New Mobs
- Lone Wizard
- Dotted Sheep
- Added 2 New Bosses
- Added 'Poggys Whats That' To Better on Bedrock
- Added 18 New Structures
- Villager Moyai
- Adventurer Camp
- Ruined Adventure House
- Enchant Tower
- Ruins (2)
- Goblin House
- Wizard House
- Vindicator House
- Nether Waystone Hut
- Lich Tower
- Rivers' Base
- Ruined Boss Arena
- Pyramid Temple
- Vindicator Cook
- Zombie Hut
- Re-Added Backpacks
- Added Enchanted Variants To Selected Mobs
- Added Some Advancements
---Updates and Tweaks---
- Reworked Quest System
- Updated All Chest Loot (Balanced)
- Tweaked Structure Spawns
- Changed Foliage Rates
- Changes Tree Rates
- Updated Tree Designs
- Updated Textures
- Willager Hat
- Quest Scroll
- Updated Behaviours Of Mobs
- Updated Textures, Models and Names Of:
- Overworld Waystone
- Miners Bench
- Forge Table => Forger
- Updated behaviour of Waystones, Miners Bench and Forger
- Fixed Issues With Hardcore Mode
- Fixed an issue where some blocks had incorrect sounds
- Fixed an issue where some blocks had incorrect hitboxes
- Fixed an issue where some blocks were shown in the creative inventory
- Fixed TPS lag
- Fixed an issue where the backpack could despawn randomly
- Fixed an issue where some stone blocks took longer to mine
- Fixed an issue where most blocks had no sounds
- Fixed Several issues with Vein Miner and Tree Capitator
- Fixed an issue where some blocks won't drop when mined
- Fixed issues related to the Forger and Miner Bench
- Fixed commands when going back to normal mode
- Fixed issues related to Loot Bags
- Fixed Issues With Player Corpse
- Fixed An Issue Where Some Sounds Were Silent
- Fixed An Issue With LootBag Interactions
- Changed UI To Dark Mode
- Optimised Script Files
- Updated The AddOn's Namespace
- - betterbedrock/pog ==> better_on_bedrock
- Balanced Loot Tables
- Improved Overall Performance
- Added support for 1.19.70
- This made all scripts support 1.19.70
- Updated Goblin Trader Trades to as a test for BoB v1.0.2
- Updated the page to prepare for BoB v1.0.2
- Added support for 1.19.60
- Player Corpse can be dusted without issues
- Tweaked spawn rates of the Goblin Trader
- Greatly Nerfed Goblin Trader Trades
- Fixed Quest XP issue
- Fixed Netherite Axe and Pickaxe smithing recipes
- Added info to Forge Table and Miner Bench to explain block usage
- Changed the Backpack quest to More Food.
- Removed all backpacks
- Added 2 new commands
- !help: Shows all available commands
- !difficulty: Allows you to switch between normal and hardcore mode. Only has 3 uses per world.
- Added a recipe for the Quest Scroll (If you somehow lost it)
- Tweaked Structure Generation
- Removed "Beyond the Overworld" Quest
- Fixed an issue where some quests didn't work
- Fixed quest XP issue
- Fixed an issue where pickaxes broke some blocks slower
- Fixed an issue where the Netherite Axe was unobtainable
- Fixed an issue where tree leaves didn't decay
- Fixed an issue where an unused UI could load
- Fixed an issue where the Respawn Anchor couldn't be obtained
- Fixed typos found in quest menus
- Fixed an issue where loot bags can give infinite loot
- Fixed an issue where some quests couldn't be completed
- Fixed an issue where the bounty system didn't work correctly
- Fixed several issues to add multiplayer support
- Fixed an issue where some structures generated to commonly
- Fixed an issue where backpacks caused lag
- Fixed an issue where debug text would show when exploring the world
- Fixed an issue that caused Hardcore Mode to not function Properly.
- Fixed the loot table of the Wild Carrot
- Fixed block textures to feel more vanilla
- Fixed an issue where mobile couldn't access the backpack
- Fixed block sounds
- Fixed block hitboxes and selection boxes
- Fixed an issue where some loot tables had lore on some items
- Fixed an issue where Grapes would drop more items than intended
- Fixed foods to have correct behaviours
- Fixed an issue where Palm Trees could generate on a Stone Beach
- Fixed item names displaying wrong values
- Fixed wording in warp menus
- Fixed an issue which caused terrain to submerge structures
- Fixed All Content Logs when joining a new world.
- Fixed an issue which caused the backpack to not work when using the Waystone Key in the nether
- Fixed Trader Outpost loot to not include many minerals
- Fixed Character Creator skin issue
- Fixed an issue which prevented players to use a waystone when they had no backpack
- Tweaked Wild Carrot texture
- Tweaked some foods to give the correct amount of saturation modifiers
- Tweaked tree generation to prevent collision with structures
- Tweaked generation of "rocks" to make them less common
- Made some tweaks to structure generation to make them more dynamic
- Increased the speed of the Vein Miner Enchantment
- Tweaked Vein Miner to removed 1 durability randomly per broken ore
- Increased the rarity of the Waystone and Trader Outpost structures to make them more rare
- New Features
- Added some sounds from Java
- Added some animations from Java
- Added a Ruined Temple
- Added the Adventurers House
- Added a new boss: Willager
- Added New Trophies!
- Trophies can be found within rare structures or by beating bosses.
- Added Enderman Tears
- Added Tree variants for all biomes to include bee hives
- Added tall trees to: Taiga and Forest
- Added 2 new tree variants for the Taiga
- Added Trees and Vegetation to the Jungle, Swamp and Roofed forest biomes
- Added a Desert Cabin for the Desert biome
- Added a Desert Oasis for the Desert biome
- Added a Swamp Cabin for the Swamp biome
- Added Foliage (grass) to the Forests and Plains biomes
- Added Tree Capitator to be separate from Vein Miner to address performance issues
- Added Vein Miner I enchantment
- NOTE: Fortune won't work with the Vein Miner enchantment
- Added a crafting recipe for Copper Armor
- Added a crafting recipe for the Waystone and Waystone Key
- Added a Forge Table to make Gilded Netherite Armor
- Added a Miner Table to apply the Vein Miner I enchantment to your pickaxe
- Added a new command: !contributors Will display the names of contributors
- Added the Goblin Trader
- Added a new dungeon: Catacombs
- Added a Waystone Tower
- Added a Battle Tower
- Added a Difficulty UI to display when you join the World
- You can choose between normal or Hardcore Mode
- Added a Beginners' Quest Scroll for when players play a new world for the first time.
- Added new trees for the Roofed Forest biome
- Added a welcome message for new worlds only
- Changed the texture of the Bounty Board
- Removed the Overworld Waystone Key from chest loot
- Reworked the Bounty System/Quest System
- Players will be prompted to claim their rewards manually
- When you're busy with a bounty/quest, you can click on it to view the info about that bounty/quest
- Cleaned up the file system for scripts as 'death_coords.js' was messy and loaded with junk